|My place of work|
10. Teachers are legally bound to administer an Epipen in an emergency situation.
8. Teachers have no expense account. They cannot claim gas mileage, lunches, friend's lunches, friends of friends' expensive dinners, hotel rooms etc.
7. Teachers are expected to attend costly professional development conferences and workshops, usually held on nights and weekends. The teachers unions offer limited funding for PD -- which comes from our union dues -- not from our employer.
TWEET THIS POST!
#Topten facts you may not know about #teachers... nblo.gs/CPMyJ #ontarioteachers #Bill115 #Rant6. Teachers source, research and create MOST of their course content; from designing lesson plans for each class, creating assignments and tests from scratch, choosing textbooks and media resources to designing their own assessment and evaluation plan.
— Holly Massie (@HollyWroteit) September 30, 2012
5. Teachers are obligated to make an offense declaration each year.
4.Teachers pay for their own Christmas party, TGIFs and retirement parties.
3. Teachers do all their own photocopying, word processing, phone calls and emails. The school office staff have enough work to do with their own near excessive administrative duties -- they are not teachers' personal secretaries and never have been.
2. Teachers are expected to be involved in extracurricular activities. They do so unpaid and on their own time. Again -- no expense account, hence many more hours spent organizing fundraisers. Fundraisers where many of the customers are fellow teachers.
And ... Number One ... wait for it...
|Luckily, my niece invited us -- her own hand-raised bird|