Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Last week of June

Ah, summer.

Seven foot high cone-flowers -- almost as tall as this years crop of grade nine boys
We all yearn for it about a month before the end. Coinciding with summatives, it makes everyone miserable and at odds. time to break out those ACTING chops and get to work! Smile and you'll feel better. Smile AT someone and you'll feel better about them.

That works till they tell you to #@#@# for some reason residing in the teen brain -- that has nothing to do with you, their teacher. Ah, I think with all my knowledge and Yoda wisdom, "sweetie, did you not have breakfast?" and since I never think before I speak it comes out my mouth at the same moment. The kid blinks, says actually, no. I send them off to get a milk or O.J. and, without their knowledge, make their day.

I started to write about how weird an empty school is and how surreal it seems to go about the empty (yet filled with costumes, black books and assorted crap) drama room doing whatever, whenever.

And I ended up reminiscing about kids who swear at me at 8:40 am because they're hungry.

Yup. Yer gonna learn a LOT about teaching from this blog 

Espeshully speling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello -- acknowledge my bottle in the ocean...

My Ottawa, Canada's Capital

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...